
Last Monday, Ella and I had a few errands to run and she decided mama kitten and her babies would come along...also known as Duchess, the mama, and Marmalade, Marie, and Toulouse. 3 of the names come from one of her favorite movies, The Aristocats. One of the few toys that we have that is always played with and has been named. The kittens are magnetic and can easily get detached from their mama. Well, we made a quick run into the kids department at Kohl's and Ella pushed the mama and her kittens in one of the Kohl's shopping carts. Then we headed to Kaeley's school to drop off box tops, then a quick run into Wal-Mart for some cereal and Tide, and lunch at Jason's Deli with Greg. The only place the kittens went inside was at Kohl's. After leaving Jason's, Ella asks "Mom, where's Marie?" I thought to myself, you've got to be kidding me! I immediately pulled the car over and searched for the cream colored kitty - Marie. I went back to Jason's - checked the parking lot. I went back to Wal-Mart - checked the parking lot, then to Kohl's - checked the lot, the lost and found, and searched high and low in the kids department. Went back the next day to Kohl's and Wal-Mart...checking the parking lot and lost and found at both. Checked ebay for a "spare" kitty. Checked prices of buying the whole set again ($25), checked the company website - Manhattan Toys. Sent them an email knowing that they would laugh, and if they even responded to my question of do you have replacement kitties, would say cough up the $25 and buy a new one! Much to my surprise, I received an email from them yesterday and they said my assumption was wrong and that there was good news - they have replacement kitties! $1.50 a piece and $3 to ship. I thought I had won the lottery! I called today and ordered them, thinking I could specify how many I wanted (thought extras couldn't hurt!) and the colors. Not that lucky. However, they only had 2 kitties and they are cream colored! That means Marie is coming home to mama! Hip, hip, hooray! And did I mention that I had called Kohl's again yesterday to check the lost and found - one more time!


1 comment:
Can't help but think of the nursery rhyme about kittens losing their mittens with this story... so glad you found another Marie... the things we moms do for our little ones happiness. Love you guys! L
Post a Comment