Yes indeed my friends, it's cold! And feeling sorry for Miles and Kaeley having to stand out in the cold last week for Kindergarten pickup, I decided to treat them to hot chocolate at Starbucks. Believe it or not, it's about the cheapest treat I can buy them through a drive through... they have kid-size hot chocolate, and it's just barely warm so it doesn't burn them, and they think they're so big drinking out of the "coffee cups" with a lid on them. Oh, and did I mention, it's like a buck! So before I offer hot chocolate, Miles mentions to Kaeley that he has 2 chocolate chip cookies left over from lunch and offers to share one with her. We headed to Starbucks, where I ordered 3 kid-sized hot chocolates. Miles paused for a minute after I ordered and said, "why did you order 3?" I told him that one of them was for me. Then he said he only had 2 cookies! It just melted my heart that he was worried he didn't have one for me! So sweet!
Oh...and a side note...when I told Greg the story, he freaked out accusing me of spoiling our daughter on Starbucks. He's afraid she'll be on to coffee before she's 10! I personally don't like coffee, but Starbucks is the only place I order it. Add enough calories to anything and then it's good - eh?
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment