Saturday, September 6, 2008

Time is Flying!

It has been crazy around here! After Greg had my camera in England for a week, somehow, I have gotten out of the swing of blogging! Very bad because I'm trying so hard to keep up! The past 2 weeks have been busy, busy, busy! Greg's 40th birthday was August 31st and I actually pulled off a suprise party for him today! More on that later!


Kaeley has made through the first 2 full weeks of school! Yeah! It's been rough getting up early, especially the first week, but we're rolling with it now. She's having lots of fun, and she really likes her teacher, Mrs. Sweet. She's been to the library at school twice and brought books home to read. She really enjoys that. I think they get to go own their own or with a friend to the library to check out and return books. Wow! That's impressive to me! We also got a letter home this week that says her eMath book is available online for homework assignments. Times have changed a wee bit since I was in school! She has to enter a code when she buys anything in the cafeteria, then Greg and I can access via the Internet what she's been buying. Would be nice, but she's not really interested in buying her lunch. Nor taking it for that matter. She asked me Friday why I couldn't just send Dorito's and pickles in her lunch? I explained that was junk and that she needed to eat some good food of substance that would stay with her. She did attempt to buy her lunch one day, they had pizza, but she didn't like it. The lunch room hasn't been her favorite place. I believe it was the 2nd full day of school and I was having lunch with my friend, Jessica, and I got a phone call from the school that Kaeley was in the clinic. My heart almost stopped! A little boy had tried to hit her with a milk carton and she ducked to miss and landed a nice little knot on her head. She was fine. I think she was just appalled that someone would do this to her, or anyone for that matter, as was I. Luckily, I knew the little boy from her preschool class last year. I used to work with his dad at Anderson News. They are good people, so I know he didn't do this to be mean to her. As his mom put it, he was probably just wanting to start a food fight in the cafeteria and thought he would get it started! Lovely.


Now for little Miss Ella Beth. She's made it through 2 weeks of school too, but she only goes on Tuesday and Thursday. It's been rough on her...and me! But, she's making it. I get a report home daily about how she was at school and for the first time on Thursday, I got a report that she was happy! Yeah! Thank you Lord, for answered prayer!!!! She has been very sad, but she is doing so much better. I hear she has participated in circle time, art, and she loves gymnastics! She made a butterfly Thursday during art and it's on the fridge, she is so proud! She tells everyone her teacher's names - Ms. Mary and Ms. Jessica followed by the phrase "they're so nice". I can't tell you how many times I've said that in the past 2 weeks! I'm hoping it's sinking in. Now...she has yet to eat a bite at school and she is there from 9-2. I pack her lunch in her Mickey and Minnie lunch box. Full of her favorites, but she's yet to eat any of it until we get home. She's actually walked out of school the past 2 days, which is a huge improvement over being carried out with her arms wrapped tightly around me!


Well, that's a partial update, here are a couple of pictures of the girls the day Greg got back from England modeling their royal jewels (and fairy wings!) he brought back for them.


No comments: