
Every since Little Miss Ella Beth mastered walking (it took almost 17 months!), she decided she would keep us on our toes! She's a handful to say the least! Shortly after learning to walk, she wanted to try the stairs out, and yes, she tumbled from the top all the way to the bottom! She loves to climb...she tries to hike her little leg up and then she just pulls herself right on up. After all, if Kaeley can do it, why can't Ella Beth? At her 18 month checkup, they asked me if she was climbing, I thought about it and said, yes, because I had noticed her wanting to climb into little kid sized chairs. The very next day, she was sitting on top of my kitchen table!!!! Lovely!
She has an adorable personality that is ever evolving! For as long as I can remember, Dora the Explorer has rocked her world! She absolutely LOVES the music from the Dora shows! It's hilarious to watch her in the car when the "I'm the Map" song comes on - she sways side to side in her car seat with the biggest grin on her face! Dora also gets her clapping! "Map" and "Backpack" were literally two of her very first words. She does have a pretty big vocabulary for an 18 month old. She had to focus on something since she held off on walking!
Ella also loves babies. Baby dolls, and real babies. Another one of her first words! She loves to look at books with pictures of babies and also likes for you to show her pictures around the house of either herself or Kaeley as babies. Just the other night we were reading bed time stories and she has a handful that she wants to read EVERY night. One of these, Welcome Home Baby Ashley, is one of the Fisher Price Little People books. It is a lift the flap book, with a baby in it - life doesn't get much better! The last page of the book, they are putting the baby to bed, and around the crib stand a mommy, daddy, little brother with frog, and sister with teddy bear. Ella points out the baby, "ribbit" the frog, and the teddy bear. I ask her where's the mommy and she turns and points to me! Yes, I am the mommy! How sweet! We were totally engrossed in the book and I was expecting her to point to the mommy in the book and she pointed to me! I just want to eat her up!
This is such a fun (and challenging!) age! She's changing so much every day! I can't believe I don't have a little baby any more! Where does the time go?


1 comment:
Owen just started with the climbing thing too! Aaahhh! It makes me so nervous. Now that he can walk he's into EVERYTHING. Buck and I are seriously considering putting gates up all over the house. Right now we have two but they just aren't cutting it.
Post a Comment