Kaeley is finishing up her first full year of preschool! Only one more year till Kindergarten. And as Kaeley says about most things, “let’s not talk about it!” At least that is what she would say should you ask her about the cross she swallowed! Kaeley is mommy’s buddy! If I’m going out shopping, she loves to go! She’s crazy about shoes, dresses, and pajamas! She gets that from her Mimi! She also loves girls night – which we have when daddy’s out of town or working late. Just the other night, we watched Charlotte’s Web. Of course, Girl’s Night is not complete without pizza, and if you ask Kaeley what she wants on her pizza – black olives! That’s a little different for a 4 year old! Kaeley likes pizza, but her true love is popcorn shrimp from Red Lobster. Just today when I picked her up from school, she said she was hungry and wanted to go eat at Red Lobster (her most favorite place to eat). We ended up at the McDonald’s drive thru instead. She did have a special treat though – we stopped by Dunkin Donuts on the way home – she absolutely LOVES chocolate munchinks! She does have a sweet tooth, but all in all, “when” you can get her to stop and eat, she typically eats well. When she orders popcorn shrimp, I ask if she wants fries or broccoli and she chooses the broccoli! She doesn’t take that after her mom! And when she’s full, she’s full. If she fills up on good/nutritional food, she will often pass on dessert! There’s always room for dessert!Kaeley’s latest fascination has been with getting married. One slight problem – she doesn’t like boys! Remember, she is 4 and boys have cooties! Papaw wants a recording of her saying she doesn’t like boys! This all started with her wanting to marry me, at first I was flattered and thought it was cute, but she was SERIOUS! She was going to wear her bride dress and I was going to wear mine (which she pointed out was way too long, I have a cathedral train!) and we were going to plan a wedding!!!! Yikes! So we had a talk. I explained she couldn’t marry me because I was family and you don’t marry family. Ok… she bought that. So she changed her tune, and every since (and this has been going on for months) she wants to marry Hadlee, my step mother’s 3 year old great grand daughter. They are big buddies! They both spend a lot of time at my dad’s house and they love each other… so in Kaeley’s mind, that means they should get married! I explained that when you get married, you move out of your house away from your mommy & daddy and was hoping that would end her marriage talks, but she came up with a plan! Her plan was to move Hadlee and her mom & dad, and baby sister into our house! She said she would share all of her toys and her room and that Hadlee’s baby sister could share Ella’s bed room. Here again, I’ve been waiting for this phase to pass, and it hasn’t. This week I had to burst her bubble and break it to her that she couldn’t get married to Hadlee. I started the discussion by saying you had to be all grown up before you can get married, and she said, “You mean when I’m 5.” So now back to using 4 year old logic, I told her she had to marry a boy. Now she doesn’t want to talk about it! Whew!


3 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad your doing a bog! I'm looking forward to hearing more about you guys and the girls, which by the way are so beautiful! Watch out they will def be breaking hearts very soon.
This was so funny to read. They grow up fast!
You Rock! I am so glad to get to catch up with you, since we live so far away from each other now! LOL! I can't believe Ella! geez, where does the time go?? Give me a call- Ben would love to have Kaeley over to play!
Post a Comment