Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Recap

Happy New Year! It’s hard to believe another Christmas has come and gone. Ella has been none to happy about Christmas decorations coming down. I told her Christmas was over and she informed me that no, it’s here. Sweet girl. All of our Christmas decorations are down with the exception of the air blown Mickey and Minnie that Papaw purchased for our front yard. Ella simply loves them. I think she’s finally convinced Christmas is over and has agreed to let us put them away. I was worried they would still be in the front yard come summer time!!! This year we tried something different for Christmas Eve, when my mom and John arrived, we headed to the Japanese restaurant for dinner. We usually cook, so this was a real treat for me and the girls love it minus some small fears of the fire. Christmas morning the girls awoke to a living room full of goodies. Kaeley tore into her presents and was sad when she had them all opened that there were not any more. Ella on the other hand enjoys each present she opens and oohs and ahhs over it so she had several presents left to open after Kaeley was all through. This year the big Santa gifts were a DSi for Kaeley and an American Girl Bitty Baby w/ Pig Tails for Ella. Kaeley also got lots of arts and crafts stuff, several DS games, and Zhu Zhu accessories. Ella got a high chair, double stroller, bath tub and bouncy seat for her American Girl babies. Oh, she is definitely a little mommy! Greg never gets anything very exciting for Christmas and I tried to get him to put a new kitchen trash can on his list since ours was on its last leg. He’s all about getting something practical that we need. He informed me he didn’t want a new trash can. So he bought one for me! How sweet. Reminds me of the Father of the Bride movie where the bride is given a blender from the groom as a wedding gift. What kind of expectations does this gift set? Definitely something I needed and I have to admit, I do like it! Greg also got me some new jewelry that I picked out. I just wanted some new silver earrings and ended up getting hooked on this new line of jewelry called Kameleon. You buy the sterling silver jewelry pieces like earrings, bracelets, etc. and then you buy jewel pops that you can interchange. Pretty cool… but the jewel pops themselves are none too cheap. Anyway, I love them! He did such a good job picking them out! J Greg ended up with some gift cards, clothes, and books. Exciting, I suppose! Better than a trash can? Debatable. I also cheated on Christmas dinner this year. We usually spend HOURS cooking and cleaning, but this year, I let Pimento’s do the catering. It was great! My grandparents live in Asheville, NC and had been snowed in and Christmas morning were iced in. They were able to make the trip to Knoxville, but my aunt Deb didn’t make it because she couldn’t get out of her driveway. At least most of us were together. Aunt Deb and Uncle Tim were missed though!

Christmas night we head to my dad’s for Christmas with him and my step-mother. The big gifts from papaw were the Fur Real Lulu kitties. The girls each had to have one. I think their huge and a little creepy. Not sure what you’re supposed to do with them…let the batteries run out I suppose? The next day we headed to Manchester for Christmas with Greg’s family. There are 4 grandkids ranging from Kaeley age 6 ½ to Luke who is almost 6 months. Needless to say our going around the room one at a time to open gifts didn’t go so well. The kids tore into their presents and the baby had to nap… it was all a whirlwind. Not sure what presents any of us got (just kidding, really, I do know) but it was great getting to spend time together. We haven’t seen baby Luke since he was born.

We got back home on Monday and we’ve been enjoying family time since Greg is off until the 4th. We took the girls to see the Princess and the Frog the other day, it was really cute. The girls have been playing like crazy. Kaeley even set her alarm for 6:45 so she could be up before anybody else so she could have alone time with her toys! Silly girl- she should know she has plenty of time since nobody around here is classified as a morning person! For sure not me, I’ve had way too much sleep and am a little on the bored side. Greg has had a touch of a stomach bug so he’s not much fun. Next year, I think we need to plan a trip for after Christmas. Or maybe “I” should go on a trip after Christmas and leave the girls with Greg! Ha, ha!
















































No comments: